Sunday, July 1, 2007

tres colores (translation follows but i'm still learning so it might not be perfect)

No tengo palabras bastantes
Para decirte como la poesía
Me hace una mujer loca como
Una gata que tiene hambre.

Solamente puedo tratar de
Mostrarte el color de la noche
Y mi alma que esta llorando
Porque no tengo palabras bastantes.


Amado mío, cuando estoy contigo
Yo puedo oír los latidos
De mi corazón.
Y cuando no estoy contigo
Yo puedo oír los latidos
De mi corazón.

Soy un pajarito del mar
Atrapado entre
Amor salado del mar y
Libertad sosa de azul.


Escribo para que
Yo puedo decir lo que no puedo decir.
Escribo en español para contar la verdad.



Three Colors


I don’t have enough words
To tell you how poetry
Makes me a crazy woman
Like a hungry cat.

I can only try to show you
The color of night
And my soul crying
Because I don’t have enough words.


My love, when I am with you
I can hear the beating of my heart.
And when I am not with you,
I can hear the beating of my heart.

I am a tiny sea-bird
Trapped between
Salty sea-love and
Bland, blue freedom.


I write so that
I can say the things I cannot say.
I write in Spanish to tell the truth.

1 comment:

WobblyLittleLegs said...

i am so proud. i have added you to my google reader now and I can keep abreast of you obsession with posting. someday i will write some of my own.

wobblylittlelegs.blogspot.com

miss you autumn.
chelsia